What is Naturopathic medicine?
Naturopathic medicine is a distinct primary health care system that blends modern scientific knowledge with traditional and natural forms of medicine. It is based on the healing power of nature and it supports and stimulates the body's ability to heal itself. Naturopathic medicine is the art and science of disease diagnosis, treatment and prevention using natural therapies including: botanical medicine, clinical nutrition, hydrotherapy, homeopathy, naturopathic manipulation, traditional Chinese medicine / acupuncture, and prevention and lifestyle counselling.
Common questions about naturopathic medicine
- What can naturopathic medicine do for you?
- Education and training of naturopathic doctors
- What is the history of naturopathic medicine?
- Naturopathic medicine today
- How does it compare to conventional medicine?
- Naturopathic principles
- Naturopathic therapies
- Health promotion
- Disease prevention
- Conditions and illnesses treated
- Individualized treatment
- Working with conventional medicine
- Safe and effective treatment
- Typical visits
- Diagnostics and examinations
- Health insurance coverage
- Fees for Naturopathic Visits
- Accredited programs
- Correspondence programs