We all age, but are we aging well? As the body ages, damage to cells and tissues occurs faster than repair and regeneration. When we are young growth and regeneration happens at a much faster rate than breakdown.
By about age 30 they are in a state of balance, but after that – guess what, damage starts to exceed repair. Naturopathic doctor Anke Zimmerman has taken additional training in anti-aging medicine and is pleased to share her knowledge
Only 35% of aging is genetic
Virtually all chronic disease including cardiovascular disease, diabetes, arthritis, cancer and changes in brain function are simply the result of aging, which means that by controlling the rate at which we age we can prevent or at least minimize the hazards of those chronic diseases.
Both the breakdown as well as the regeneration of cells can be affected by a number of life-style factors. Only about 35% of aging is genetic, the other 65% are under our control. Your body creates about 300 billion new cells every single day, so by preventing damage and providing the environment needed to optimize the health of new cells we can slow down and even partially reverse the aging process.